Hot Stone Massage Therapy Course (FHT Accredited) in Birmingham with Meridian School of Massage and Bodywork
Hot Stone Massage Training Course in Birmingham UK with JL Meridian School of Massage and Bodywork CIC.
|Title :||Hot Stone Massage Course (Birmingham)|
|Description :||FHT Accredited part-time Hot Stone Massage course. Hot Stone Massage techniques, which can be adapted to meet the individual needs of clients.|
|Venue :||Shirley Centre, 274 Stratford Rd, Shirley, Solihull, West Midlands B90 3AD|
|Duruation :||3 months. Part Time|
|Cost :||£ 285|
|Deposit :||£ 150|
|Contact :||For more information please call on 0121 244 1846 or 07595 901 909 or email here|
|Application :||For an application form, please click here|
|28th and 29th October 2017|
HOT STONE MASSAGE TRAINING
The Hot Stone Massage Therapy course is taught with the ‘holistic’ approach that is at the core of all Meridian Courses. You will learn to work with Hot Stone Massage techniques, which can be adapted to meet the individual needs of clients. We encourage you to acknowledge and work with the ‘whole’ person - the mind, physical body, emotional self, as well as the more subtle energies. We encourage you to work ‘with’ your client, not ‘on’ your client and using your intuition, work form the heart. Hot Stone massage appears to have a calming effect, supporting stress relief, while the warmth of the stones further supports reducing pain sensations. For the Massage Therapy Practitioner, it can be used as a stand alone treatment, or complementary when integrated with other methods of body work treatments. Please note ‘specialist’ equipment will be required.
The Hot Stone Massage Course is accredited by the FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapies). The FHT is the UK and Ireland's largest Professional Association, supplying membership and insurance, for complementary therapists. For more information visit www.FHT.org.uk
The course is part-time run over 3 days. The course is held in Birmingham or Solihull with a maximum group size of 12 students which allows for a good tutor student ratio. There are a variety of teaching methods, which includes lectures but these are aimed at being experiential and participative. During the course students will practice Hot Stone Massage with each other.
The time between workshops allows you to practice, complete and record case study projects. (Students will be expected to keep comprehensive clinic notes which will include demonstrating reflective practice).
Outline of Course Content
- The concept and theory behind Stone Massage
- How to give full and short holistic Stone Massage treatments
- Working with hot and cold stones
- How to incorporate working with stones in your remedial massage treatments
- Contra-indications and considerations for Hot stone Massage
- How to care for your stones and equipment appropriately and safely
Examination and Completion Requirements
- Internal assessment requirements: assessment of Indian Head Massage on a client. Homework assignments on revising AP&P, Theory of Indian head Massage, Benefits and contra – actions and adding to your existing therapies. 25 hours massage practice. Case study and presentation.
- Final examination requirements: individual practical with an unknown client and written theory exam
£285 which includes, course workbook, on-going student support and supervision throughout the course. It also includes exam fees. The deposit it £150 and the remaining fee of £135 is payable on the first training weekend. As the course is only currently open to therapists with an qualification in AP&P level 3 or above, you will be expected to have current membership to a Professional Association and practitioner insurance. You will also need a current first aid certificate.
To take part in this course students will need:
- To be 18 or over and must be able to perform the massage techniques listed in the syllabus.
- A good understanding of English for technical detail taught
- A qualification in bodywork and Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology, minimum level 3.
- First Aid certificate
- Commitment, interest and enthusiasm for the course subject and desire to develop personally as a therapist.
How to apply:
Simply contact us for an application form or Print an Application Form HERE and return to us with your payment or method of payment. Without the deposit, which is non-refundable or full payment we can not reserve your place on the course. Payments can be made by paypal or cheque payable to jlmeridian. Although there is no interview to take part in this course, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have not trained with Meridian or another MTI school so that we may answer any questions you have.
We look forward to working with you.